Senior Software Engineer
My Client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. In the Platform Group is primarily responsible for the backend solutions, best engineering practices adoption and variety of R&D initiatives for the company’s award-winning web application suite.
To apply for the Software Engineer Role, please send your CV to Ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 012449531 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer Role:
• Designs for product feature implementation, both independently and in cooperation with the Architecture team.
• Participate in peer code reviews, manage criteria applied during code reviews.
• Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team
• Investigate technical issues during the full development lifecycle including specific components in production.
• Lease with product stakeholders and other teams in the organization to complete the projects on time and to the highest quality standards.
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Implement changes and new features producing efficient, reusable and performant code.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior Software Engineer Role:
• 5+ years of experience in design and development of distributed systems, preferably with Microsoft .Net Framework and C#.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Hands on experience with Node.js, Express, TypeScript, Mocha.js, WebStorm IDE to build scalable applications is a plus
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
• Strong knowledge of OOA, OOD principles and multi-threading.
• Industrial experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably Kanban.
• Commercial experience with any Git implementation and GitFlow branching model.
• Experience with common patterns in distributed systems, e.g. REST, SOA, SaaS, Web APIs.
• Experience with cloud-based services (Amazon AWS and Azure) is a plus.
• Result oriented and focused on successful delivery.
• Experience with NoSQL DBs is a plus.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)