Location: Blanchardstown, Dublin, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent position directly with our client
Key Technologies: Voice and data network, LAN, WAN, wireless network, voice, security systems, global cloud security technologies, Telecommunications carriers, network management tools, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless equipment, PBX, and voicemail systems.
* The Network Administrator function is a technical position in IT.
* This position supports in-place technologies & technology users via defined procedures.
* The position reports to an IT Manager and is part of a team that supports data services, devices, and VoIP systems for various business functions and locations.
* Provides technical expertise in the management of the voice and data network.
* Installs, supports, and/or maintains LAN, WAN, wireless network, voice, and security systems.
* Implement and monitor network, host, and cloud security technologies deployed globally.
* Interfaces with telecommunications carriers to provision, install, and troubleshoot circuits.
* Maintains network management tools and systems to detect, isolate, and troubleshoot outages.
* Configures and deploys infrastructure hardware including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless equipment, PBX, and voicemail systems.
* Preferred 3rd Level College Degree in Computer Science
* Cisco Certifications
* A minimum of 7 or more years of experience in data network and telephony functions
* Good working knowledge and experience with LAN, WAN, wireless and telephony technologies including; VoIP, VPN, Telepresence and WebEx, networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, switching), optical transport technologies, virtual machines, encryption, installation and rollout of switch and router updates etc.
* Has strong understanding of carrier network technologies deployed in complex WAN environments.
* Hands on experience or working knowledge of the following security functions: antivirus software/platforms, URL filtering, malware detection/blocking/removal, intrusion detection/prevention systems, patch management, Windows domain security, PKI infrastructure, encryption, incident response, penetration testing, and digital forensics.
* Maintain technical reference, process, and training documentation.
* Knowledge of enterprise and provider level network hardware platforms (IP + Optical)
* Knowledge of datacenter infrastructure management (DCIM) and physical security systems
* Manage network capacity and performance, verify logs and monitor activity.
* Coordinate maintenance, replacement and repair of network systems.
* Good knowledge of server and storage methodologies (Windows, Linux, NetApp, VMware…)
* Maintain documentation and update monitoring systems according to the network changes.
* Develop basic understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
* Information Security knowledge (CCNA Security or security qualification a bonus)
* Analytical Abilities - Advanced problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to analyze & resolve cross-platform problems or to develop problem-solving techniques, tools & instruction for new or complex technologies
* Business Knowledge - Advanced understanding of how supported technologies are used in the business operations; ability to utilize this knowledge in resolving complex issues.
* Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience; demonstrates effective listening skills; regularly handles difficult customers or situations effectively requiring sensitivity and diplomacy.
* Independence - Often works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues
* Mentoring - Mentor to P2, P3, and new personnel; Seen as a subject matter expert on multiple Hardware and Software technologies.
* Administration - Handles a wide range of administrative tasks effectively while managing an overall task workload that may include technical activities.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.