Senior IT Systems Engineer (Managed Services)
* Job Type: Permanent
* Location: Boyle Co. Roscommon
Our client (a Managed Service IT solutions provider) are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic, experienced IT Managed Services, Senior Engineer to support their clients.
* This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to develop their career in an energetic work environment.
* Working as part of our clients dedicated team, to achieve company goals and provide customers with a professional and friendly service, which they have come to expect.
Analysing, maintaining and troubleshooting customer environments through their RMM tools, including but not limited to;
* Network connectivity and utilisation
* Windows Server and PC performance tuning
* Patch Management
* Backup and Restore
* Cloud Services
A key component of this position is to recognise and develop any opportunities to improve the Managed Services Offering through process and technology improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities
What your role will involve:
* Develop and maintain automation routines for Patch Management and IT systems.
* Generate reports and recommendations for Managed Services Clients.
* Standardise client Deployments.
* Achieve KPI's for each of the services delivered.
* Monitoring and Management of System Alerts and Notifications and respond accordingly.
* Assist in assigning Service Requests that require Engineer Support.
* Liaise with Customers to schedule maintenance windows.
* Continually maintain documentation on processes and client systems.
* Participate in afterhours maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting and/or on-call availability.
* IT support relating to issues with customer systems and network infrastructure.
* Analyse reactive service tickets to look for trends and underlying problems and look for ways to improve, by preventing issues and eliminating end user request.
* Identify high impact issues that can be solved across clients.
* Research new ways to minimise reactive support and stay current with all tools and technology.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* A strong knowledge of Microsoft Desktop & Server Operating systems.
* A strong knowledge of networking (switches / firewalls / routers etc.).
* A strong knowledge of cloud technologies.
* An understanding of the business impact of ICT Systems and devices and the consequences of disruption to these services.
* Fluent English Language Skills. An ability to communicate verbally and via any other channels with all colleagues and customers in a polite, courteous and understanding manner.
* Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
* Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
* Comprehensive and accurate record keeping and documentation.
* An ability to follow through and close out all issues to the customers' satisfaction, keeping the customer always informed.
* Full clean driving licence.
* Qualifications in Information Technology are preferable.
* 5+ years of IT experience.
* Microsoft certifications a plus.
* Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
* Performance based incentives.
* Full on the job training & support.
* Fun working environment and culture.
* Great opportunity for advancement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.