Head of Managed Services (ICT)
Our client is an Irish owned progressive technology company based in Dundalk. They have develop, implement & support their ERP, Accounting and Business Management Software. It encompasses everything needed to run a business with a host of powerful modules; Financial Management, Stock Control, E-commerce, epos, Mobile Warehouse & much more.
They are currently looking for a Head of Managed Services. You will be expected to be both technically and commercially savvy.
Managed Services with this company encompasses a number of activities within the organisation.
1. Sales of infrastructure including
a. Hardware (on premise)
b. Hosting Services
c. Office 365 & Exchange Online
d. Security, backup and disaster recovery solutions
2. Site audits
3. Preparation of recommended solutions including commercial quotations of solutions
4. Break/Fix maintenance contracts
5. Preventative and monitoring maintenance contracts
6. Management of customer services help desk and preventative maintenance team
7. Customer account management relating to all things IT
* Designing and delivering appropriate solutions for a diverse range of customers
* Design and Introduce a more proactive preventative maintenance methods of customer services
* Planning and scheduling resources for customer services both on site and off site
* Partner with Department Leaders to support a learning and progressive environment in which individuals can progress in their roles
* Help sustain a culture of 'Can Do', teamwork, innovation and collaboration
* The role is customer and partner facing and will require travel within Ireland and the UK.
* A 3rd level qualification in ICT or similar
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a technology managed services role ideally focused on the SME space
* Strong Commercial awareness
* Strong technical Skills
* The ability to lead a team
* Project Management & Capacity (resource) planning skills
* General ICT skills covering
a. On Premise/Client Server Technology
c. Cloud & Host Infrastructure (Azure/AWS)
d. IP Telephony
* People management skills
* The confidence to collaborate and work with other technology department heads
* Microsoft Office
* A keen interest in technology for business
Understanding customer needs based on interview and auditing techniques
* Advanced knowledge and experience in public and/or private cloud-based hosting architecture preferably amongst:
a. Microsoft Azure
b. Amazon AWS
d. IBM Cloud
* Advanced knowledge and experience in on premise Client Server network environments
* Experience in building an architecture for a line of business application (ERP, CRM or similar)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead people
* Ability to work under pressure with limited time, direction or guidance
* A positive, pro-active approach to all aspects of the role
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918247FK
Role: Head of Managed Services
Location: Co. Louth
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.