Software Engineer - Competitive Salary (DOE) - Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Modern Democracy are looking for a highly talented and capable Software Engineer You will play a role in helping to design and develop our next generation elections management platform. You will take an active role in everything, from requirement analysis, deploying Production ready software, mentoring staff and engaging with customers.
At Modern Democracy, we work with truly cutting edge, cloud native technology to build industry leading systems, using Agile development techniques. We believe in DevOps and building and deploying software the right way. This is a truly exciting opportunity to gain valuable skills and develop your career with a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
The key qualities of a Software Engineer include, but are not limited to:
* A degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline
* At least 1 years' experience in developing commercial software
* A graduate software developer would also be considered
* Experience developing applications using NodeJS, Swift, ReactJS or AWS would be highly desirable
Modern Democracy is an industry leading software partner to both government and private sector organisations, providing digital election platforms specifically designed for the elections industry. The company exploits opportunities for new technology that will improve service delivery communication and outcomes for our customers. Our vision is to transform the management of electoral processes, utilising cutting edge technologies and innovative techniques.
The key skills and qualities of a Software Engineer:
* Someone who is committed to building high quality, scalable platforms
* An excellent communicator who can articulate their ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
* A natural problem-solver who is ready to challenge the status quo with innovative approaches and ideas
* Ability to self-manage, prioritise work and keep to a schedule
* A strong motivation to learn, excited by technology and enthusiastic to be part of a team working to solve problems together with keen attention to detail
* Constantly striving for personal and professional development
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.