About the Hermitage Medical Clinic
The Hermitage Medical Clinic is a 112 bed private hospital in Lucan, West Dublin. Our specialised medical teams provide medical, surgical and advanced radiotherapy care to patients and are supported by the very latest medical technology. The Hermitage Medical Clinic is committed to providing excellence in patient care using state-of-the-art facilities. The Clinic offers an outstanding level of expertise and cutting edge technology. We have the most advanced diagnostic imaging equipment available today, full Cardiological facilities including a Cardiac Catheterisation Suite and Clinical Laboratory services
The purpose of this role is to support and develop/design/optimise the clinical/administrative modules within MEDITECH and related third party applications. The successful candidate will have an in depth knowledge of the applications used within the organisation in clinical/administrative areas. They will provide technical guidance, training and advice along with advanced technical support to business owners and colleagues within the IT department.
The IT department provides support across the entire hospital and this role is important in making a significant contribution, developing and maintaining best practice in IT and enterprise-wide systems management and information. This includes the provision of policies, procedures, ensuring the highest level of safety and regulatory compliance, delivering the highest level of customer service and project management. The role will contribute to the development and enhancement of enterprise-wide systems that support organisation decision-making and planning
Key duties for this role are:
· Understand clinical / administrative processes and information requirements of all stakeholders
· Develop and maintain expertise in relevant MEDITECH modules (clinical, administrative and understanding data repository) and third party applications relevant to clinical / administrative reporting / data analytics
· Assist clinical and administrative in optimising processes through configuration and/or integration of relevant applications; collaborate with medical and hospital staff leaders to determine new needs for information and information management
· Provides development assistance project teams.
· Design reports and analyses data in response to the stakeholder need
· Participate in business and clinical projects and provide development assistance to project teams.
· Monitor, review and work toward resolution of application issues and tasks.
· Provide out of hours IT support when require on rotational bases.
· Participate in projects related to assigned application.
· Provide development for new initiatives and adapt to emerging technologies, as well as increase operational efficiency and ensure regulatory compliance.
· Develop system functionality in assigned areas utilising dictionary, parameters, NPR reporting, Customer Defined Screens, Script building and data reports/analytics.
· Collaborate with medical and hospital staff leaders to determine new needs for information and information management
· Identify and implement solutions in cooperation with other Application Team members
· Monitor, understand, and effectively communicate the implications of system functionality/technical changes and the impacts to both clinical and business operations.
· Participate in the implementation of software upgrades and releases, provide support in the integrated testing when required, guide end user testing and provides on-site support during implementations as directed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field required.
· Minimum of 3 years developing or supporting clinical and non-clinical information systems incorporating experience
· Minimum three years of information technology experience required
· Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) / MEDITECH is desirable
· Business process analysis and redesign expertise
· Understanding of relevant external environments and/or platforms with which hospital processes/ applications are required to interface
Why work at the Hermitage Medical Clinic
The Hermitage Medical Clinic are passionate about our people and believe in their development and growth. As a member of the Hermitage Medical Clinic team you can benefit from:
· An Education Support Programme
· Development opportunities
· Opportunities for career progression
· Access to a Pension Scheme
· Subsidised Restaurant
· Free staff car parking
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Life Assurance
The Hermitage Medical Clinic is an Equal Opportunities Employer