IT Infrastructure Analyst
Permanent position with our client in Waterford.
As an IT Infrastructure Analyst you will be responsible for delivering IT infrastructure service support and maintenance to our clients' multiple sites in Waterford.
In addition to providing support to the IT infrastructure, you will be required to be the technical owner for a number of key systems in the business and provide support in new system introduction projects.
The essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
* Be part of a culture of continuous improvement.
* To be the second technical lead for the IT Infrastructure.
* Assist in the qualification of IT infrastructure services.
* Take ownership for the resolution of local IT Infrastructure technical issues.
* Work closely with other members of IT and business systems group.
* Ensure network and server infrastructure complies with the necessary procedures and standards.
* Build good working relationships with internal customers and internal/external service providers.
* Willing to work out of hours as required to deal with high priority issues.
* Evaluation of new technology opportunities.
* Assist the IT Team in dealing with peaks in workload when necessary.
* Actively contributes to effective communication within the team and with others across the company.
* Ensure that the company's business and information systems are utilised for the benefit of the team and the company.
* Actively develop and improve the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the role, specifically around infrastructure, validation/qualification and project support.
* Encourage and support the development of others by engaging in and contributing to our clients' culture.
* Represent the team and company in a professional and positive manner with both internal and external stakeholders and in doing so reflect the values of the company.
* Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required and are appropriate with the grade of the job.
* Ensure compliance with company's policies, procedures and contract of employment.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
* Preferably qualified to a minimum of degree level in an IT related discipline.
* At least 3 years' experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment/industry
* Previous cross-functional project experience
* Experience in providing Validation guidance and support, advantageous.
* Experience in executing protocols for IT infrastructure qualification
Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural Competencies
1 Logical, methodical and structured approach
2 Results orientation, deadline driven
3 Interpersonal Skills
4 Good Communication
5 Excellent customer service skills
6 Excellent Organizational Skills
7 Strong problem-solving skills
8 Proven time management skills
9 Problem Solving / Analysis
10 Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly
1 Good understanding of IT infrastructure landscape and standards
2 cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines
3 Business Continuity
4 Security & Firewalls
5 Compute & Storage
6 Network Management
7 Windows Server & Desktop
8 Database Management
9 Virtualisation Technologies
11 Print Management
12 Backup Technologies
1 Detail oriented
3 Teamwork & Collaboration
6 Compliance & adherence to regulations
7 Safety Awareness
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.