Level and/or knowledge required:
• Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
• Excellent client facing skills, as an expert in their field has experience of influencing client decision making and direction, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
• Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions.
• Experience of introducing new concepts or strategies that significantly improve or revise the way business is done through to implementation.
• Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
• Strong theoretical knowledge in project management methodologies, applying standards and specialist project management expertise to deliver whilst providing effective management to teams.
• Experience and track record of successful project delivery utilising multiple project management methodologies, frameworks, tools and techniques.
• Extensive application/technology and domain knowledge and has recognised expertise in project management including participating in the identification of and planning for future resource needs.
• Extensive experience with all stages of the product development lifecycle (concept to launch).
• Knowledge of client/server architecture, object-oriented design/development and package implementation.
• Strong knowledge of new and emerging technologies based on own area of expertise.
• Experience in managing the change control procedure. Can recommend and advocate substantive process enhancements and assess both internal and external implications.
• Experience in diagnosing problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques from multiple angles and probing underlying issues to generate multiple potential solutions.
• Experience in advising clients and clearly communicating the benefits of implementing specific solutions and identifying areas to add value.
• Expert skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Experience in detailed use of project planning, tools, and milestones appropriate for the size and scale of the project. A proven record in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
• Good people management skills. Acts as a role model for continuous learning and development, and challenges others to reflect and learn.
• Experience of managing people and creating an environment that celebrates both successes and failures.
• Good self-management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looks for ways to beat previous standards.
• Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.