Our client is recruiting a Quality Engineer to join their fantastic team in Limerick. Candidates must be strong communicators and team players with experience with all levels of quality assurance for an enterprise level application. Their culture is built on being open to new ideas and feedback and we believe in building great software, technical excellence and having fun.
What you'll be doing
* Collaborate with scrum and kanban teams in an agile environment, actively participating in agile ceremonies including Daily Stand-ups
* Work with colleagues on agile teams to review and develop test plans and cases for accuracy and completeness
* Review user stories requirements, specifications and technical design documents when required
* Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, end users and product owners) to identify system requirements
* Help teams identify edge cases
* Work with agile teams to identify integration points for new work
* Create and maintain dependency documentation for system wide regression
* Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities to ensure test coverage prior to release
* Assist with the design, development and execute of automation scripts where feasible
What you'll bring to the table
Above all, they value communication, common sense and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will bring:
* Strong documentation and communication skills.
* Willingness to give and take feedback and share knowledge
* A strong desire to learn and improve.
* The ability to influence QA and test automation best practices within your team
A minimum of 3 years QA experience through the entire life-cycle of an enterprise application is required.
* Proven work experience in software development
* Proven work experience in software quality assurance
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
* Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process