Network Engineer required for well-known telecommunications company based in Dublin city centre on a permanent basis. The Ideal candidate will be CCNP certified and will join an Operations team working on a major customer accounts supporting their MPLS core, ISP Services (Including security) and Datacentre IP infrastructure.
· Support real time operational systems
· Provide leadership and guidance on resolving complex technical issues
· Taking owner ship of operational processes and ensuring support is provided to meet SLA.
· Liaising with Design team on all new projects and take responsibility for their implementation.
· Conduct peer technical reviews of all designs before deployment into service.
· Create and Implement Method of Procedure (MOP) and transition to the team
· Participate in Audits on network equipment
· Implement enhancements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Network Change process.
· Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues independently
· Work collaboratively with internal, external & third party suppliers
· CCNP certified with experience working in a similar role
· Juniper experience a distinct advantage.
· Experience with Cisco Nexus Datacentre solutions
· Multiple routing protocol knowledge including BGP, OSPF routing
· Knowledge of Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortigate essential
· Basic knowledge of 2G, 3G or LTE mobile communications would be beneficial
· Base salary of €55K – €60K DOE
· Pension Contribution