Graduate Network Engineer- Kerry
We are currently looking for enthusiastic problem solvers with great communication skills to join our client's Kerry based team. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and be trained in IT and potentially progress your career into other areas of the business. No formal degree required. Full training will be provided. The following personality traits are essential:
We look for:
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, written and communication skills
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts and apply that knowledge effectively
* Ability to work both independently and with a team to accomplish multiple tasks and projects
* Ability to create technical documentation and network diagrams as deliverables to customers in a timely manner
* Work with little supervision and is self-motivated
* Ability to multitask
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
Nice to have:
* Candidates should have some industry experience in a similar environment perhaps from a co-op.
The following are the technologies that will be trained in teh role, some experience of any of these from college or co-op would be hugely advantageous:
* Excellent IP networking fundamentals and the application of IP protocols.
* Major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
* Major Cisco platforms; specifically Cisco 3800 and 3900 ISRs, 4500, 6500, Nexus switches and 7200 series routers including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
* Various security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto appliances, Cisco ASA and knowledge of ITSEC principles.
* F5 load balancers.
* Industry standard security practices.
* Network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
* Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large scale network design and maintenance.
* The following protocols & technologies: MPLS, DMVPN, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), Ethernet, 802.2/3, 802.1d, 802.1q, IP, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DHCP, DNS.
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your work experience to date, the skills that you developed there, your personality traits that match this role and why you are interested in developing a career in networking.