Software Application Engineer
My client is seeking a software application engineer to support technical aspects of the Liquids / Dry Parts value work-stream from a core automation engineering-based skillset, associated with Batch, PLC, SQL servers and custom C# applications. This involves interrogating at PLC/Batch level, machines and processes that support the overall automated production systems. This is a key business requirement in a highly automated, complex, lean driven, batch manufacturing environment, supplying a worldwide customer base.
To apply for the Software Application Engineer role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 015367384 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Application Engineer Role:
• Apply proactive and methodical approach to trouble shooting daily shift production issues with cross functional teams.
• Perform detailed, technical breakdown analysis of losses / inefficiencies in your work stream.
• Take ownership and lead the development, agreement and execution of cross functional resolution plans in order to address gaps in throughput, quality, safety and environmental metrics.
• Project manages automation centred projects & control system modification, ensuring that verification & validation procedures are implemented.
• Provide technology roadmap in line with the business strategic direction.
• Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Application Engineer Role:
• Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems essential.
• A recognised Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• Experience with popular web application frameworks and windows Web Services.
• Proficient with Windows Presentation Framework, creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
• Experience with Batching software for example FT Batch or similar batching software.
• Demonstrated experience of delivering projects in a highly automated environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016 essential.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Proficient with .NET framework 2.0 - 4.5+ essential.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
• Experience with XML and JSON an advantage.
• Experience with server 2008 -2016 OS.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)