Senior Java Developer - Dublin
Description of the Role
My client is seeking a highly experienced Senior Java Developer to join their local team that works closely together and builds effective partnerships for stable and reliable solutions delivery. The team is looking for an expert in the area of Big Data technologies (specifically spark) to come and lead the migration of the current architecture to the Big Data Lake.
Responsibilities of the Java Developer Role:
• You will lead the migration of the existing data warehouse solution into the Java and spark architecture.
• You will be tasked with creating a Data Ingestion and Transformation Framework which will be used by the wider group for building data pipelines.
• You will also be responsible for defining standards and best practices for the team in the areas of Code Standards, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Release Management.
• You will act as a mentor to the junior developers in the team and get them up to speed in the Java and spark tech stack.
Required Skills and Experience for the Java Developer Role:
• 5+ years of experience in designing and developing highly parallelized data ingestion and transformation jobs in Spark and Java including Spark Streaming.
• Senior developer skills utilizing Java and Spark fundamentals.
• Experience in the Cloudera Hadoop platform.
• A background in designing and developing high-quality server-side processing in Java.
• Ability to create & implement data engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
• Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)