QA Test Engineer - Galway
Our Galway client is now looking to recruit a QA Test Engineer to join our team. You would be part of a company who develops algorithm, hardware, and software imaging technologies for digital still camera and mobile phone applications. They are now looking to expand their team in Galway.
Job Responsibilities of QA Test Engineer:
You will be part of the QA team working closely with the R&D team, to evaluate and test our advanced imaging solutions for the state-of-the-art portable devices.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Evaluate the quality of image analysis and processing algorithms.
* Design and implement automated test cases to check the quality of image processing products and their features.
* Prepare detailed reports by filtering and processing complex test results data.
* Create and maintain shared documentation, including documentation of testing plans and procedures, test-case specifications and test reports
* Create programs that automate the processing of large sets of data and images.
* Design, implement and perform comparative evaluations and benchmarking of imaging features in cameras and camera-phones.
* Organize, carry out and document automated and manual exploratory testing of imaging products in cameras or in software applications.
* Help organizing and performing photo shoot sessions to acquire image datasets
Required Skills for QA Test Engineer:
* 3+ years of software testing, QA or programming experience
* Proven experience with automated testing, ideally using scripting languages.
* Good knowledge and solid experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java
* Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse IDE.
* BS in computer science, electric/electronic engineering or mathematics
* Initiative, self-motivation, thoroughness and superior attention to details
* Excellent written and spoken English
Additional Skills (would be added advantage):
* Experience with C or C++ programming
* Additional scripting and programming experience, using various software development tools
* Testing and QA experience for Automotive SW products or technologies
* Experience with Process Quality Assurance in software development (e.g. SPICE, CMMI)
* Knowledge of digital photography and cameras
* Understanding of digital image processing algorithms (digitization & coding, enhancement & restoration, segmentation and description)
* People Management experience, not essential but would be an advantage.