Senior Technical Architect, Chief Software Architect for Ireland, AVP of Architecture, Lead Architect, Principal Software Architect
A major multinational client, engaged in developing software for the financial services sector, is actively seeking a Chief or Lead Technical Architect to effectively operate as Chief Technical Architect for the Ireland operation, which focuses on developing software solutions across a variety of technologies - .NET, C#, Salesforce, SQL server, Java & Mobile (iOS & Android). These solutions are utilised internally & externally while integrating with enterprise solutions such as CRM / ERP (Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle), HRM (Workday, Peoplesoft) and other systems.
This is a Senior Leadership role within the organisation and will be responsible for providing technical architectural oversight & direction to the Ireland based organisation, consisting of software development teams creating products in an Agile environment. Additionally, you will be expected to understand business strategy and play a key role in providing direction & insight to the Senior Leadership team, assisting business capabilities through the architecture of Technology Solutions that will enable the business to meet its strategic plans.
Requirements of the Role:
* Provide technical direction and design oversight of the company's technology solutions
* Definition, compliance & governance of the company's (Software) Architectural standards
* Lead innovation to create business technology value
* Support the identification and implementation of a flexible technical architecture across software solutions to support growth
* To be a change leader
* To be an authority on the software systems development life-cycle
* Ensure that overall Enterprise Architecture Designs support Agile Development methodologies and standards
* Effectively communicate upwards & across the business & technology functional teams
You should have the following experience & skillset:
* 10+ years in a Senior Technical, Technical Architect, Software Technical Leadership position
* Proven expertise in providing Architectural design standards across Enterprise Software Solutions
* Technical skills across some of: software development - C#.NET, salesforce, CRM, product and pricing configurators, Java, mobile applications stack, web portal stack, Software API's, integration platforms, data, cloud services, software automation, intelligent workflow, data analytics
* Must have excellent knowledge of Agile/Lean development methodologies and Continuous Deployment Tools and Techniques
* Proven abilities to influence and negotiate with Senior Business & Technology Leadership Stakeholders
* Proven abilities in the areas of innovation, passion & drive to successfully deliver enterprise software solutions
* Strong Knowledge of standard architecture tools & methodologies eg. Togaf, SOA, Agile, etc
* Any exposure to building financial software solutions would be advantageous
* Ability to engage with multi-regional based resources
Salary: €100K+ base salary + excellent benefits package
Please note that EU/EEA Citizens or current valid work visa holders only need apply.
Key Terms: Lead Technical Architect, Principal Software Architect, Enterprise Architect, Technical Design Lead, Lead Software Designer, Fintech, financial services - Insurance, banking, Investment, fund management systems, Data Analytics, Data solutions, Software Development Architect, Software Application Designer, Software Applications Designer, Software Applications Architect, Software Application Architect, enterprise systems, enterprise Applications, Principal Software Designer, Principle Software Engineer, East, South East, Kildare, Wexford, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Carlow, Tipperary, Waterford, REST, Agile, Togaf, Erwin, SOA, .NET, C#, Java, J2EE, Continuous integration, Continuous Development, Reference architecture, Technology roadmap, Data reference models, Analytics.
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.