Automation Systems/Controls Engineer
Our client offers customers the widest array of design, engineering, supply chain and manufacturing services in the industry. With over 40 years of experience, their highly specialized teams meet the complex demands of the Medical Device, Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Health markets to enable the world's leading brands to fulfil their market potential.
The Automation Systems / Controls Engineer works with technical team members to maintain, repair, troubleshoot and develop systems architecture within allocated timeframes and cost constraints.
* Provide PLC programming, Visions Systems, SCADA systems installation, networks, set-up, configurations, calibrations, troubleshooting and fault finding support.
* Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
* Be willing to travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
* Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
* Support manufacturing IT Systems architecture.
* Drive continuous improvement projects.
* Manage assigned project budgets; liaise with customers, contractors as required.
* Develop systems equipment maintenance procedures.
* Develop and deliver technical systems training.
* Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
* Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
* Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events
* Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
* Systematic troubleshooting skills.
* Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
* Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Programming experience: PLC, C++, SQL.
* Good data analysis skills.
* Proficient in MS Office applications, experience of MS Project, MS Access.
* Degree in electronic engineering, controls engineering, software engineering or similar discipline.
* Experience of PLC programming
* 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
* High volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience in a regulated environment.
Nice to Have(s):
* CAD experience
* Vision Systems and SCADA systems installation
* An electrical background / qualification
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918326FK
Role: Automation Systems/Controls Engineer
Location: Co. Waterford
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent