Who we are:
Magnet Networks headquartered in Ireland is a leading Telecommunications, Data Connectivity and Security Services provider, providing solutions to homes, businesses and enterprise customers in Ireland, throughout Europe, the US and beyond.
Key Purpose of the Role:
The IP Engineer will be working within Magnet Networks Group (Magnet Networks, Global and Velocity1) involved in the development of new products and new technologies.
The role involves maintaining & supporting all existing and future Voice, Wi-Fi, IPTV, Hosting & Systems equipment, servers & products. You will be supporting all existing and future Voice interconnects with other Telecom providers.
You will also be involved testing all new Voice, Wi-Fi & TV devices, CPE, apps and Software applications for interoperability with our infrastructure.
- Work as part of a team to develop new Products and Technologies for Magnet Networks Group
- Manage and maintain existing Voice, Wi-Fi, IPTV, Hosting & Systems Infrastructure
- CIRPACK MGC and MG and Database server.
- Voicemail & Configuration Servers
- Legacy & current PBX Servers
- Asterisk & Kamailio Servers
- IPTV System (Wowza, AppearTV)
- Legacy & current Email & Website Hosting
- AWS & other Virtual Server Infrastructure
- DNS, SMTP & other services
- Testing Customer PBX, Handset & Other CPE interoperability.
- Be part of a 24x7 On Call Rota.
- Write test strategies and test plans based on product specifications
- Perform tests and produce detailed test reports
- Deal with problems and produce Root cause reports on Systems and products
- Be able to discuss and provide feedback
- Deliver on commitments to customers, both External and Internal
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel for training may be required
- 3rd Level Degree in Science, Engineering, IT, Computing, Maths or similar technical field
- CCNA/MCSE or equivalent experience
- LINUX Sys Admin or equivalent experience
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience deploying, testing, or supporting LINUX systems
- Experience in managing/deploying Wi-Fi and Voice Systems an advantage
- Familiarity with MS/MySQL & Scripting
- Proven Linux System Administration Skills essential
- Experience with AWS/VMware/Hyper V or other virtual Server Infrastructure
- Experience with IT/Network monitoring & management systems e.g. Cacti/Nagios/SNMPC/Solarwinds Orion
- Experience with Protocols such as SMTP, DNS etc
- Positive attitude, proactive contributor with an eagerness to learn and take initiative
- Highly organised, thrive in a multiple task environment, with excellent prioritisation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 x annual salary
- Personal Health Insurance (currently with VHI)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% contributory Pension (after 6 months)
- Educational Sponsorship Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Tax saver
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit for Employees (Monday + Thursday)
- 20 days’ holidays raising to 25 days’ holiday (one a year for five years)
- Strong Social Club
- Free Company Events
- Free Broadband
- Referral Scheme @ €2000
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent