The Senior IT Help Desk Technician will take the lead working cross-functionally to quickly identify production defects and impairments. This role is a key partner with the business on implementation and support for new and existing systems or related processes throughout the business. They will need to be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills, possess a customer centric mindset and require low supervision and direction. Does this sound like you? If so, Otter Products may be a great place to grow your career!
• Work incidents assigned to the IT Help Desk Support team which could include user requests, defect troubleshooting and identification, and individual end-user training on system functionality
• Responsible for conducting Root Cause Analysis on all problems that impact the business, and implementing recommended changes where required
• Ownership of training documentation in the form of Knowledge Base articles for both End User and IT internal processes/defects/configuration
• Become subject matter expert (SME) for specific business applications.
• Collaborate on special projects or problem management issues
• Assist with maintenance and support of physical IT infrastructure. Liaisone with facilities to ensure health & safety
• Troubleshoot software and hardware related issues both in person and remotely
• Purchase IT equipment within policy and department budgets
• Exercise professional judgement to do what is right for the company and customer at all times
• Support and maintain a positive safety culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment
• Adhere to defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) as defined to deliver superior service
• Support large company events from a technical perspective such as supporting conferencing solutions and visual display management
• Other duties as required
• Relevant 3rd level qualification - Experience in lieu of qualification may be considered
• Relevant industry qualifications e.g. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or equivalent is desirable (but not essential)
• 3+years in in an IT Help Desk Environment required.
• Experience providing end user support in an ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) based environment preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office®, especially Excel® and PowerPoint® and current Windows operating systems. Knowledge of Mac OS and related Apple devices is desirable
• Proficient oinf Active Directory users and groups as well as Exchange mailboxes and Outlook in Office365
• Experience working with ERP system and supporting EDI (EDIFACT & X12) is desired
• Ability to quickly learn new programs and develop a high level of troubleshooting proficiency
• Ability to work in a fast paced, continuously changing environment
• Demonstrable experience in working cross functionally with all levels and departments within organisation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective time management skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
• Fluent written & verbal English is required. Another European language would be highly desirable.
Otter Products EMEA is an equal opportunities employer (EEO)