I.T. Systems Administrator
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
Our well known client is looking to recruit an IT System Administrator to join their growing team.
This is a technical role within the I.T. Ops team reporting to the I.T. Manager.
You will work with their existing system administration function providing support to their IT Infrastructure including networks. You will be working alongside multiple partners to ensure solutions & services are fit for purpose. As required, you will be expected to become a stakeholder in technical projects.
• 3rd level IT qualification
• 3 years’ experience in similar role
• In-depth knowledge of MS Operating systems (Server 2012 & 2016), Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and OS Security. Certifications a key advantage, ideally to include MCSA.
• Administration of O365 environment
• Broad experience of Virtualisation (VMware VCentre)
• Administration of backup solutions (Commvault an advantage)
• Strong networking – WAN, LAN, and firewall experience essential
• Storage experience: SAN, NAS or similar storage technologies including network elements a must • Some Linux/Unix administration knowledge
• Daily administration of I.T. systems: Servers, workstations, and network infrastructure
• Work with managed service partners to ensure availability and performance of systems and network services
• Monitor network performance, identify any problems and troubleshooting issues with partners
• Ownership of firewall queries and requests, including auditing and rule management
• Assist with implementation of new or upgraded services
• Act as escalation point for level 1 service desk and wider I.T. team
• Work to increase Level 1 knowledge for teams, reviewing escalated cases weekly
• Maintain up to date documentation on all services
• Planning, configuration, and installation of new services
• Manage or input into technical projects as and when required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written communication and verbal skills
• Ability to prioritise, perform, complete tasks in effective and timely manner
• Methodically resolve the more difficult and complex production issues reported by users, partners, etc.
• Ability to convert business vision into technical solutions