Our client is an Irish incorporated designated activity company whose shareholders (owners) comprise An Post, An Post Pension Funds, and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP).
They are looking for a Data Modeller who will oversee the development, implementation and support of data services, data warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for implementing a programme of work and management of the delivery of BI solutions to using latest Microsoft technologies, ensuring the accuracy of the collection and documentation of end-user requirements for large complex and some smaller ad-hoc projects and developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to understand their systems and BI/Data related challenges.
* Hands-on development using the following technologies:
- Big Data platforms
- Python & R
* Participate in data modelling, relational and star-schema design and implementation.
* Data Warehouse day-to-day administration including reviewing ETL load jobs for consistency and quality, and performance monitoring.
* Design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards based on business requirements using Power BI.
* Participate in developing and maintaining best practices as they relate to Business Intelligence solution design and data quality/governance strategies.
* Research data warehousing/business intelligence trends and technological innovations in order to make appropriate development recommendations.
* Working closely with other development & technical staff.
* Provide support to business users and application developers.
* Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Advanced Certificate/Qualification in Business Intelligence / Data Analytics
* 5+ years' experience in design, development and deployment of DWH solutions, DWH Architectures and Data Modelling best practices.
* 3+ years of experience of Talend or SSIS and SQL Server Database.
* Experience with data quality and data profiling.
* Proven experience in:
- Domain modelling
- Business intelligence methods
- Strong SQL development skills and/or Amazon Aurora
- Experience with Talend, R, ETL & PowerBI & Big Data technologies
* Delivery focused with a strong aptitude for team motivation.
* Highly organised and structured approach to working.
* Strong analytical skills that ensure projects are delivered to an accurate and high quality standard.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Superb oral/written communication skills.
Nice to Have(s):
* Ideally, a diploma or a degree in IT
* Experience with PowerBI is also desirable.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918298FK
Role: Data Modeller
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent