Senior Mobile Engineer – Android
The successful candidate will be working at our Dublin office, in a hands-on capacity within the organization and will be responsible for engineering and maintaining features and components for our suite of mobile apps. Emphasis in the role will be focused on Android Development.
To apply for the Senior Mobile Engineer Role, please send your CV to Ryan.wannenburg(a)solasit.ie or call Ryan on 012449531 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Mobile Engineer Role:
• Participate in product feature implementation, both independently and in cooperation with your cross-functional team.
• Implement changes and new features in a manner which promotes efficient, reusable and performant code.
• Liaise with product stakeholders and other teams in the organization to complete the projects on time and to the highest quality standards.
• Participate in peer code reviews, manage criteria applied during code reviews.
• Investigate technical issues during the full development lifecycle.
• Provide effort estimations for the individual and team assignments.
• Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior Mobile Engineer Role:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or relevant work experience
• 4+ years of experience in software development.
• Experience Agile/lean methodologies and processes leading process improvements and engineering disciplines.
• Experience working in project and team environments with product, application support and operations teams.
• Experience mentoring junior developers.
• Experience in presenting to engineering and product groups.
• Experience delivering projects in a CI/CD environment.
• Experience in Java.
• Experience with Kotlin.
• Experience in build and release of applications to Google Play.
• Experience developing reusable frameworks.
• Experience using MVP or MVVM.
• Experience of Gitlow, code review processes and build pipelines.
• Experience writing unit tests as part of development cycle.
• Experience working with RESTful APIs with input to their design.
• Experience with VIPER
Desirable but not Essential for the Senior Mobile Engineer Role:
• 6+ years of experience in software development.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and/or guide a team.
• A strong interest in new and emerging technologies and the ability to drive technical change.
• Current knowledge of the latest developments in the Android ecosystem.
• Knowledge of mobile security concerns.
• Experience with additional platforms, particularly .NET and iOS.
• Knowledge of AWS based architectures and services.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)