KEY AREAS OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Effectively manage a portfolio of projects (e.g. Knowledge Management, Data Integration, Electronic Batch Records, Data Analytics/Visualization) using project management best practices and following required Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) policies
• Identify and report on project success criteria results, test and deployment management activities
• Elicit requirements using interviews and workshops, document analysis and business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Create and distribute documentation as needed: Functional Requirements, Business Requirements, Use Cases and End-to-End testing documents, Data Flow Diagrams
• Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team (external vendors)
• Perform/Co-Ordinate system unit and integration testing where necessary
• Ensure appropriate IT processes, procedures, and standards are in place
• Ensure schedules, financials, scope, and performance requirements of the various project are met
• Build and foster effective relationships between the business and IT
• Oversee vendor relationships
• Anticipate operational and tactical risks to effectively manage client expectations
• Management of issues, risks and organisational change management to ensure successful and on-time project delivery
• Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external technical support providers
• Introduce best practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate
• Ensure adherence to FDA computer systems validation compliance
• Ensure that all aspects of work conform to agreed approved standards and set procedures.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related Science field; Project Management Institute (PMI) certification or AGILE/SCRUM training a plus
• Previous experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within pharmaceutical/biotech industry a must
• Must have a proven track record to lead a small-to-mid-sized team
• Experience with enterprise information management systems and software vendor selection
• Demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time
• Experience working with third-party implementers.
• Technical proficiency in the following areas: server, storage, backup/recovery, virtualization, networking, security, and Citrix.
• Strong knowledge of concepts, designs, and best practices in converged infrastructure environments and cloud services.
• Demonstrated ability to develop architecture strategies and associated roadmaps.
• Effective project management and facilitation skills.
• Strong communication, presentation and vendor management skills.
• Highly adaptive with ability to work independently and function in a team as needed.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
• Demonstrated Project Management skills, PMI or equivalent certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability managing cloud/SaaS based application implementations (e.g AWS Microservices, Tibco Spotfire, Tableau)
• Domain knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry or engineering (CMC) requirements/guidance/compliance areas (e.g. USP, GAMP5, S88, GxP regulations) preferred
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Ability to develop and analyze business requirements and functional specifications for business software solutions
• Experience in biotech and pharmaceutical industry and best practices
• Exhibits strong team skills, including facilitating group sessions
For further information on this positon please contact Gillian Nicholson at email@example.com
or for a confidential discussion please call Gillian on 0906478104
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!