Junior PHP Developer
Our client is one of Ireland's leading telecommunication providers delivering much needed broadband with speeds of up to 150Mb to homes, businesses and communities across regional and rural Ireland.
As they are constantly growing and expanding to meet customer demands and as a result they are now looking to hire a number of PHP Developers.
The team delivers web-based applications for all areas of the business for internal and external use. It would be considered a huge advantage if you have experience developing internal business applications with substantial focus on the backend and integration to other business support systems.
You should feel comfortable getting to grips with large systems quickly and have strong analytical skills. You should also be capable of taking responsibility and ownership of tasks and developing systems/components to tight deadlines and to high quality. You should have excellent communications skills, be comfortable with changing business requirements and have a great ability to interact with and understand a user's requirements.
* Provide business consultancy services to customers
* Understand and analyse the customers' business needs and transform these into deliverable requirements for the software development team
* Create user stories and process flows from defined requirements
* Excellent presentation skills both customer facing and internal to our client's teams
* Excellent documentation skills to support both technical and non-technical documentation
* Drive continuous improvement and innovation
* 2+ years' experience in PHP
* Experience in MySQL
* Experience in Object Oriented PHP development
* Experience in Zend Framework or other MVC framework
* Excellent analytical and prototyping skills
* Exceptional problem solving skills
* Communications, documentation and specifications writing skills
* Strong enthusiasm and willingness to learn
Nice to Have(s):
* Linux, Apache, and Git
* Experience with SOAP and ReST web services
* Familiarity with transactional processing and triggers
* Knowledge of design patterns
* Practical application of PHPdoc, Doxygen, Javadoc or similar documentation system
* Knowledge of TDD and unit testing
* Experience with Ajax and jQuery
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918225FK
Role: Junior PHP Developer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent