itContracting are currently seeking applications for an IT Technician. This is a permanent position based with our client in Cork.
Salary: €32,000 - €35,000 per year (DOE)
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
Our client's goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology in their business sustainability.
* Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
* Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
* Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance
* Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
* Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment
* Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
* Perform troubleshooting upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
* Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
* Maintain records/ logs of repairs and fixes maintenance schedule
* Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
* Proven experience as an IT Technician or in a relevant position
* Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
* In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
* Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
* Certification as an IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional etc.)
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Joanne Harrington ( +353 83 059 7338 or joanne dot harrington at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.