Overall Purpose of Job
· The Helpdesk Support Analyst will provide both level 1 and level 2 support to end users for all desktop, hardware and software issues.
· Participate in deployment of new technologies and systems for the company.
· Possess working knowledge and skills related to Windows operating system, VMware server, desktops, server/backup software, data communications and network troubleshooting, and related IT resources for Level 1 service request resolution within service levels, and provides Level 2 support for issues as required.
· Adhere to defined SLA and helpdesk metrics.
· Participate in technical projects for various helpdesk projects, as assigned.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
· Providing first line comprehensive, quality service end-users.
· Takes ownership of issues that cannot be resolved on a first line basis.
· Sees the issue through to completion when required.
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team, to multitask and to prioritise work
· Troubleshoot problems and issues related to support service delivery in a timely fashion.
· Providing clear, concise reports on status of all calls to Helpdesk Manager
· Monitors the daily helpdesk queue, resolving issues assigned in a timely manner
· Communicating resolutions effectively with end users and updating helpdesk system details as appropriate
· Manages the backup daily and weekly processes for all systems and logs accordingly
· Escalates issues to Helpdesk manager within SLA guidelines
· Researches solutions to technical problems and communicates effectively to the team
· Identify and investigate purchase needs for the help desk and submits requests, as authorized.
· Troubleshoot and work to resolve requests which are sent back to the help desk, as received and within service levels.
· Provide basic IT training to non-IT personnel as and when required to increase self-reliance within the business.