2nd / 3rd Line Support, Application Support Analyst, Windows, Linux, Python, PowerShell, SQL, Financial / Banking
An exciting and varied role working within a Major Brokerage House …. Ideal candidates will have strong Application Support experience in mixed Linux / Windows environment with some Scripting – PowerShell, Python – and knowledge of SQL Server / Oracle Databases.
Whilst candidates with the right Technical Skills and no previous Financial experience will be considered … preferred candidates will come from a Banking / Brokerage House or Proprietary Trading Firm with any Market Data / Trade Floor Support experience highly beneficial. Paying in the £35 to 65k region (skills dependant) + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits.
Application Support Role Overview:
• Supporting and maintaining a number of In House and 3rd Party Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems.
• Support of Business users from 1st through to 3rd Line Infrastructure Support.
• Managing vendor system upgrades and implementation.
• Creating and deploy PowerShell scripts.
• Previous Application Support (Ideally Trading Applications or Market Data Systems).
• Windows Desktop – 7/8/10.
• Shell Scripting – Ideally Powershell and SQL or Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
• Core knowledge of Databases – SQL Server, Oracle.
• Windows Server / Active Directory - 2008/12/16.
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
• Previous experience supporting Futures & Options Trading and Settlement Systems.
• Linux / Unix System Administration – RedHat, Centos, Solaris.
• Knowledge of at least one of the ISV’s products - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION / Patsystems, Trayport.
• Exchange Connectivity – ICE / LIFFE, Eurex, CME / CBOT, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
• FIX Connectivity – Client On-boarding, Support / Troubleshooting of FIX Logs / Connections.
• Other Market Data – Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Ateo (Teo and Lisa).
Working in a vibrant environment with the opportunity to learn expand on existing as well as learn new skills with an excellent salary and benefits to include:
• Inclusion in Personal and Company Bonus + Overtime
• 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days.
• Health Care, Health and Life Assurance
• Childcare Vouchers
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Cycle To Work Scheme
If you’re an experienced Applications Support Analyst looking for your next opportunity to grow your knowledge / career and learn new skills then apply in strict confidence for more information.