Senior Front-End Web Developer
itContracting, on behalf of our client, are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Front-End Web Developer. This is a permanent position based with our client in Waterford.
As a Senior Front-End Web Developer you will join our client's growing Applications Team and be a leader of the development of their web applications.
You will have the opportunity to join our client's R&D Team consisting of UXUI Designers, QA Engineers and Software Developers who work on a range of components including backend services, databases, web apps as well as native iOS and Android applications.
You will gain valuable experience working with the latest technologies and have the opportunity to mentor team mates. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work across borders is critical.
* Creating and supporting the development of responsive/ adaptive web apps
* Work closely with UXUI Designers to create high quality, innovative and intuitive user experiences in our client's products
Experience & Skills Required:
* Bachelor's Degree - preferably in Computer Science or Multimedia
* Minimum of 6 years of experience developing Web Applications
* Ability to create beautiful, user and browser friendly UI/App/Web solutions
* Capable of working independently under the direction of Tech Lead and/or Head of R&D
* Willingness to learn and employ progressive coding techniques/practices
* Excellent front-end development skills with eye for design - the ability to bring software to life and translate well from a design
* Technical capacity to bridge the gap between design and web app development, with a focus on UX
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability and desire to work with complex, integrated solutions
* Experience with AGILE development methodologies
* Proven experience developing single page applications using frameworks such as Angular.js, Vue.js, React.js or comparable, a demonstrable comprehension of data binding, application routing, and state management
* Implementation using package management and build tools such as NPM, Yarn and webpack; similarly, usage of transpiler tools in relation to ECMAScript browser compatibility
* Experience implementing responsive/adaptive web apps from a design / UX wireframe
* Understanding of WCAG website compliancy and awareness of accessibility needs
* Experience in developing for suitable resolutions and responsive/adaptive design
* Ability to develop for cross browser/device and functionally testing, code to a high standard
* Experience with test runner frameworks, including unit and e2e test suite development
* For this role we require a portfolio and proven track record of quality work
* Development experience and solid working knowledge of TypeScript.
* Full stack development using node.js frameworks such as Express.js, Hapi.js, Sails.js etc.
* Understanding and incorporating accessibility needs into web apps including WCAG, ARIA etc.
* Understanding of technical domains that include (but are not limited to) Continuous Integration, build systems, hosting and deployment.
* Highly collaborative culture with a dynamic and innovative team
* Accessible leadership opportunities to develop and promote employees
* Strong work life balance
* Competitive Salary
* Defined Contribution Pension Plan
* Medical and Dental Insurance
* Life Assurance and Income Protection (Illness and Disability Cover)
* Full or partially subsidised training/ courses
* Family atmosphere with company sponsored events and community projects
* Opportunity to travel
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.