Software Development Engineer in Test
About the role
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join the team to lead Software Testing and to deliver a suite of automated tests to ensure maximum levels of product quality. This is a true SDET role, where you will not only focus on testing but also participate in building highly impactful applications that make a difference to people's lives.
This is a vital role in our client's product development process, and the ideal candidate will have experience leading testing within an Agile team environment, developing & testing web applications, and will be responsible for conducting tests before product releases to ensure software runs smoothly and meets customer needs. Production experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) will be highly advantageous.
* Designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
* Lead the introduction of Test-Driven Development techniques
* Develop and automate tests for software validation and systems performance
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Write and maintain automated system integration tests
* Write and maintain automated functional and performance tests for REST services
* Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
* Detect bug issues
* Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
* Assess and introduce new testing tools or methodologies.
* Participate in an Agile/Scrum development environment
* 4+ years of production experience working on web software products and mobile applications in testing
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* Experience with API testing, database testing, and Infrastructure as Code testing
* Strong analytical and test discovery skills, with the ability to quickly learn complex technical systems
* Continuous Testing and Test Driven Development methodologies
* Strong knowledge of general software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
* Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
* Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams is advantageous
* Strong interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communications and a proactive ability to work with local colleagues and remote teams