Senior Data Engineer - Dublin
My client, one of Ireland's top gaming/e-commerce companies, are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join the growing Data Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have excellent modelling and warehousing skills and will take ownership of the role with involvement in end to end development. The company are in the online gaming space and are growing at a rapid rate. There is a lot of scope here for development opportunities and you will be given full support to grow your career without being micromanaged.
If you are dynamic, energetic and have a passion to pushing boundaries, then this could be the role for you! You should also enjoy working as part of a dynamic, friendly and open-minded team. This is a fast paced and challenging environment but with an amazing team to work alongside, makes this an amazing place to work!
The company have developed their own gaming platform and continue to work to grow this. They pride themselves on innovation and agility with the goal being to disrupt markets and grow to become the largest online gaming company in Western Europe.
* ETL Development
* Support and maintain existing ETL processes for our Data Warehouse
* Consult on improvements of data mechanisms, processing, ETL and analytics
* Communicate with business and technical teams to identify and translate data and reporting requirements
* Make strategic decisions on how new ETL processes and Data Warehouse structures can meet company needs
* Work closely with development teams to identify new ETL/Data Warehouse requirements
* 4+ years professional experience in design, development and deployment of Data Warehouse solutions
* Experience with Data warehousing architecture and data modelling best practices
* Extensive experience of working with MySQL is essential
* Experience with Git
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
* Detail oriented and solution focused with proven ability to deliver results
* Pentaho or any equivalent reporting tool
* Ability to operate effectively in a team atmosphere within a fast-paced environment
* Strong communication skills and fluency in verbal and written English
* Third level qualification (Computer Science or equivalent IT qualification)
Desirable but not essential:
* Machine learning
* Heuristic computation
* Experience of the Scrum software development methodology
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to make a career move into a fast paced and very exciting environment. This is a great opportunity for a senior developer to get some great hands on experience in a rapidly growing industry. There is also a market leading salary and great benefits including bonus structure, health insurance, life assurance and generous pension scheme.
To hear more about this amazing opportunity, please call Eimear Mellotte at Reperio on 015713000 for a confidential chat!
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.