Technical Writer - Job code 162
The role will be based at our customer site in Athlone 4 days per week and working from home 1 day.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs and online help.
* Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards.
* Collaborate with Scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
* Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team.
* Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams.
* Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner.
* Fluent in written and spoken English.
* 4 + years' experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
* Experience with DITA or other topic-based writing methodology required.
* Experience with XML authoring tools required.
* Attention to detail.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with other team members.
* Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work within team deadlines.
* Experience with Confluence and Jira tool set desirable.
* Linux experience or knowledge desirable.
* Degree in related field desirable.
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, located in the heart of Dublin City. From banking to Telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud. We specialise in DevOps, Agile and Cloud Technologies; our employees get an opportunity to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future. We attract, inspire and develop the best national and international talent and derive strength from diversity. We love what we do. Our people are our product and our passion is to deliver top class services.
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.