IT Manager with Progress Database experience
Location: Dublin City Centre
Job Type: Permanent
Technology Experience: Progress Database Administration, VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Unix, Solaris, RSA
Reporting to the Operations Director the job entails management and maintenance of IT operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organising and negotiating the allocation of resources.
This is a hands-on IT Manager role that requires a high level of technical knowledge
* Manage day to day activities of the IT Department
* Responsible for the support and development of a rapidly evolving IT System
* Responsible for a team of developers and Sys Admins and IT Support
* Progress Database administration experience is essential
* Server Monitoring
* Windows Server
* Active Directory
* Vendor Management. Liaise with vendors for services supplied. Manage a selection of third-party software suppliers
* Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of new technologies and systems.
* Maintenance and testing of both DR and BCP plans
* IT Budget
* Work closely with Vendors to support Helpdesk
* Ensure that both internal and external audits are passed in a satisfactory manner
* Remote Access
* Networking issues
* Backups and restores
Additional information will be made available on application. Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.