Software Test Automation Engineer - Limerick
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and results focused Software Test Automation Engineer to support product development/maintenance with verification and validation to test and qualify products and solutions.
Responsibilities of the Software Test Automation Engineer
Design, develop, and document automated tests to ensure quality of our products.
Work independently and as a member of test automation team developing and maintaining test automation scripts.
Work closely with a team to ensure script implementation comply with best practices and testability requirements.
Work closely with software developers and test engineers to understand software workflows, use cases and specifications in creating automated tests across the application.
Develop and verify automation test cases to build a system to support automation of unit, functional, performance, security and integration testing. Translate existing manual tests and defects into automated tests.
Expand automation framework to provide additional test capabilities. Analyse existing systems to find areas for improvement.
Collaborate effectively with remote test automation resources.
Identify, analyse and document software defects.
Follow agile development process.
Qualifications required for Software Test Automation Engineer
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years of software automated test development experience.
* Good knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies in software development.
* Good knowledge of Action Driven, Keyword Driven, Data Driven testing approaches.
* Good knowledge of automated testing processes, methodologies and software development lifecycles.
* Good knowledge of Web front and back-end automated testing, cross-browser automated testing, Web application performance, Web services testing.
* Good knowledge in automated test development for desktop and client-server applications.
* Experience with Selenium, Coded UI, Test Complete and/or other automation development and testing tools. Experience with other industry-leading software test automation tools & languages is a big plus.
* Experience with development and testing using Performance testing tools.
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and actively introduces advanced process improvements and test technologies.
* Effective at understanding and communicating technical information; ability to translate to and from business language.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Expert in analysing, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in automated test development.
* Strong communication skills - written & verbal.