Our client is looking for a technical leader to take ownership of their new cutting-edge projects for their R&D centre in Galway. This is fantastic opportunity to join a global leader and grow your own team of engineers.
What will I be doing?
The Platform Lead:
* Works with engineers from their own team and outside, to design, architect and document platform-level solutions that will present consistent features across multiple platforms for a given product.
* Contributes to overall strategy by owning the strategic engineering thinking for platform-level development.
* Can communicate features and architectures for a wide portfolio of related products to all technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Ensures technical consistency of products through design reviews, code reviews, documentation reviews, and end-to-end testing including ownership of automated tests.
* Oversees coding standards, best practices, and guidelines across all platforms and products developed by the team.
* Provides an environment of mentoring and guidance for all team members
* Promotes a culture of continuous improvement
* Supports growth and development for themselves and the team
* Leads recruitment and performance management as the need arises
* Works closely with quality-assurance engineers to maintain a high product standard.
* Works with the field engineering team to ensure rapid resolution of customer issues
* The Lead will be responsible for building and managing a new team of engineers
Education and/or Experience:
* Master's degree in computer science or engineering preferred. Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience is required.
* 8 years software development experience
* Demonstrable experience of contributing to and leading technology teams.
* Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and develop collaborative working relationships across multiple business units.
* Strong communication skills to champion and evangelize technology solutions to both technical and non-technical communities.
* Expert level knowledge of C/C++ is required.
* Proficient knowledge of at least one other programming language such as, Java, Python, or other mobile and web based technologies is desired.
* Working knowledge of other common operating systems
* Experience working in agile environments.
* Experience working with continuous integration systems.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Proficient in verbal and written communication in English.
* Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment.
If you wish to hear more about this position, company, and benefits. I would happily discuss in more detail.