Junior Software Engineer
Our client is is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland.
They are currently looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join their IT department.
As part of their IT team you will be responsible for documenting, configuring and supporting their client's key Insurance applications.
This role is a multi‐discipline role working across the development lifecycle, including system ownership activities and software development activities.
Your areas of responsibility include:
* System ownership: supporting architectural design; availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of systems. Additional responsibilities include overall health monitoring and regular systems maintenance tasks, making use of automation wherever possible.
* Software Development: contributing to the creation and support of IT systems for the Insurance domain.
* Work cross‐functionally in the best interests of the customer experience.
* Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
* Our client has high standards for their computer systems as well as their employees: their systems are secure, reliable, and available; their employees are driven, customer focused, and engaged.
* Demonstrates PEARL behaviours on a consistent basis
* Supports departmental strategy and its implantation whilst providing input based on area of expertise.
* Linux, Oracle, T24, iGas, Connectus, java middleware, angular
* 2+ years' experience within a similar role
* Experience of supporting Unix/Linux systems in a multi‐OS environment.
* Experience of application configuration, programming and/or scripting.
* Experience with requirements definition.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, especially when faced with a large number of support calls, tasks, etc.
* Demonstrate ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate work, and able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and professionalism as well as have strong organizational, communicative and interpersonal skills with each business area.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
* Experience developing presentations and presenting to management, stakeholders and other internal groups.
* Incident management, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and root cause analysis.
Nice to Have(s):
* Financial - insurance ‐ services experience
* High level orchestration knowledge and an appreciation of systems architecture and the
Reference No.: 917994FK
Role: Junior Software Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent