Seeking an experienced Network Engineer for a highly sought after client of mine within the financial services space - this role is based in Kerry!
Position Responsibilities / Duties
* Support the client's Local and Security network during core support hours (07:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday).
* Implement configurations on other security and load balancing appliances.
* Support network and data centre installations including racking, stacking and cabling of various types of equipment.
* Ensure all design, implementation, support and maintenance activities adhere to the client's system development life cycle
* Ensure all technical documentation is maintained to an appropriate level and reflects the as-installed environment
* Ensure faults reported via the client's fault reporting system are monitored, managed and progressed;
* Provide support to 1st level support staff; Be prepared to work unsociable hours and weekends, and be contactable when away from the office;
* Be prepared to work a rotating 8-hour day schedule between 07:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday.
Experience / Knowledge Requirements
* Should have experience with the maintenance of a large global corporate network consisting of multiple routers, switches and various network equipment.
* Experience with protocols such as TCP/IP, VoIP, OSPF, BGP, etc. is required.
* Should understand and have experience working with carriers and their networks.
* CCNA/CCNP, CCDA/CCDP is highly desirable.
* This position also requires strong interpersonal skills, project management and time management skills and a successful track record of coordinating and driving issues to resolution.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory.
* Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar environment. Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols. In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Cisco platforms; specifically with Cisco 3800 and 3900 ISRs, 4500, 6500, Nexus switches and 7200 series routers including all compatible supervisor and line cards for these platforms.
* Experience with various security products such as Checkpoint Firewalls, Palo Alto appliances, Cisco ASA and knowledge of ITSEC principles is highly desired.
* Experience with F5 load balancers is highly desirable.
* Experience with industry standard security practices.
* Configuring load balancers, troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and OSPF and large-scale network design
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV! Not ready to apply just yet? Or perhaps this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Emma for a confidential discussion on your career 086 7838584