Senior Software Engineer (DevOps, Cloud, AWS)
Our client is an Irish based, Software Services Company committed to continuous innovation in technology, leveraging acquired competence to deliver new products and services.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer.
* Get involved in all phases of the Docker adoption including analysis of the current situation and ways to implement the solution, establishing best practice and implementation guidelines.
* Analyze current architecture and make architectural changes as needed.
* Interact with our Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes.
* Work with a cross functional agile deployment team to implement our migration plan.
* A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
* In-depth knowledge and experience in designing and implementing Cloud based infrastructure in AWS
* Proven experience in the automated deployment of infrastructure and services using CloudFormation in AWS
* A good understanding of the principles/methodologies and tools used in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Security, Monitoring, Rolling Deployments, Failover, Auto-Scaling, and Backups using (and not limited to):
- AWS EC2, RDS, CloudHSM, Docker, NginX, Apache, MySQL, TLS/SSL
- Linux systems administration (Ubuntu) and bash scripting
- ELK stack (Elastic)
- Jenkins, Ansible
* In-depth knowledge of designing and deploying highly available solutions in AWS using VPC's and Route53
* Excellent working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
* Excellent experience in working with AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT
- in applying software development practices to infrastructure deployment
- in migrating from traditional stack to a container stack
- in working with Amazon Web Service technologies
- as Systems Engineer in a Windows and Linux environment
- in working in an operating system agnostic infrastructure
- in automating operational tasks using PowerShell
- setting up and maintaining AWS CloudWatch
- in designing and maintaining IAM security policies within AWS
- in monitoring performance, troubleshoot systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, patching, collaborating with System Engineers & Architects on optimisation
- in containerisation, Orchestration and Deployment in public Cloud
* Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues to all levels of the organisation (both technical and non-technical)
* Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting ability on all aspects of the Networking Stack
Nice to Have(s):
* AWS Certifications in any of Architect / Dev-Ops/ Developer roles
Reference No.: 917982FK
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent