We have been working in partnership with our Client for the last 12 years and we are currently helping them to source the next Senior Developer to join their elite team.
This will be a key hands-on software delivery role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our technical leads, architects, business analysts and scrum masters. As a senior software engineer, you will primarily be responsible for converting customer requirements into high-quality code. If you are passionate about using best-in-class practices to produce high-quality code, then you are the right person for this job.
Duties and Responsibilities Leadership Responsibilities:
* Actively contribute to an agile mindset and a positive working environment within the team.
* Actively contribute to high standards of code quality personally and within the team by utilising and contributing to best-in-class development practices and habits.
* Coach and mentor less experienced developers on design patterns and development best-practices to support continued development of the team.
* Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
* Demonstrate to other team members a proactive approach to "getting things done", accountability & ownership and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
* Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and technical leads to assist in the planning, designing, development, testing, and maintenance of our client's web-based applications.
* Development of complex and challenging client applications with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Play a key role in providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
* Participate actively and contribute to both great solution design and peer-to-peer code reviews.
* Champion code quality processes and help drive adoption of same within the team.
* Provide recommendations concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development practices.
Qualifications and Experience
* Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
* Strong experience (5+ years) with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns and SOLID principles.
* Experience with building and managing distributed web systems.
* Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
* Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills as this will be a client-facing role.
For additional information on this position and company please contact Matthew Duane Rice