You will be a hands-on engineer in a small (yet soon to be growing) team of developers helping to create the most incredible banking app on the App Store. You will actively contribute to the roadmap and overall mission by solving the problems around user experience that many customers in the banking world struggle with on a daily basis.
Based in the heart of the financial district they are an innovative, industry-leading, successful Fintech start-up shaping the future of banking for the next generation
A motivated team of hardworking individuals who have an eye detail and just love ensuring customers have a fantastic User experience. They run Cross-functional teams that collaborate openly. They have a fast paced start up environment where people are constantly challenging the status quo to ensure that the product stays at forefront of technology and uppermost in the customer’s mind and daily life.
By building solutions and API’s you will become a member of our core team.
You'd be an integral part in the direction and purpose of everything we do. With your experience, you'll influence the tools we use and the dependencies that our codebase has (or doesn’t have), whilst also helping to guide our roadmap and ingrain our values in our product.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Building big data infrastructure, platforms & systems
- Collaborate with the other members of the team to design and execute experiments.
- Improve tooling, infrastructure, and processes
- Technical feedback through code reviews, engineering design reviews, and collaborative problem-solving sessions.
- Have a passion for personal improvement and the developer community
- Be involved in design and development efforts
- Comfortable in a cross-functional team
- Expertise in Ruby and Rails
- Messaging Queue Protocols
- OOP, SOLID and CleanCode principles
- Architecture of microservices
- Good Unix based systems knowledge
- Passionate about making high user impact and building the best experience for the user
- Comfortable in collaborative team atmosphere
- Used to working in TDD environment
- Experience in implementing and integrating with HTTP APIs
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
Nice to Have:
· Ability to mentor more junior developers
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by clicking the button below…better yet, if you have 2mins to complete our “Pre-Screen Survey” please do so, it will save a lot of your time in the process :)
A lot of candidates we speak to hate repeating themselves to recruiters, over and over again, saying the same info. However, us recruiters need your information to make an informed decision as to whether the job opportunity is right for you – we have come up with a solution to eliminate this.
Don’t worry, your information is safe with us. We will never share your data with any third party without your full prior written permission. Alternatively, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch soon. Thank you.