itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a leading global financial services company, in the hiring of a Cyber Threat Hunter to assist the business securing IT systems from current and emerging threats by following a risk-based approach. The position incorporates analytics and intelligence driven operations for the detection of malicious activity. This is a permanent role based in Dublin.
* Using a proactive approach to find unknown threats within the Client infrastructure.
* Using internal data and tools to find anomalous activity, perform investigations, and request changes to configuration where necessary to improve detection.
* Collaborating with other cyber teams to enhance analytics and alerting capabilities.
* Supporting the Cyber team with technical analysis and act as a technical expert during incident investigation.
* Researching current & emerging threats to stay up to date with the current threat landscape & evolving cyber threat hunt techniques.
* Work with multidisciplinary teams across operations, Intel, and engineering to iteratively improve security controls and detection capabilities.
* Identify and propose automated alerts and hunting techniques for new and previously unknown threats.
Skills and Experience
* Relevant experience specific to cyber security and preferably related to cyber threat hunting.
* Understanding of incident response processes and procedures.
* Experience deploying detection mechanisms in response to the overall cyber threat landscape at scale.
* Highly developed skills in multiple subjects such as networking, operating systems, attack analysis, malware analysis, scripting, offensive and defensive security concepts, forensics, memory analysis, SIEM technologies etc.
* Experience working with Logs i.e. Windows Events Logs, Web logs, DNS logs, Firewall logs etc.
* SANS Incident Response & Forensics or security certifications and offensive security certifications like OSCP would be considered advantageous.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Michal in itContracting directly (+353 1 4396811 or Michal at itContracting dot ie)
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.