Oracle Database Administrator
Our client is currently going through a significant expansion as we introduce new technology and machinery to manufacture a product which is revolutionary in the care and management of Diabetes. As part of that expansion they have an immediate requirement for a Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator will work independently with minimum managerial supervision as a part of the Business and Technology Services (BTS) organization. He/she will maintain the relational databases including both Decision Support Systems and Online Transaction Processing.
* Define requirements and associated designs for relational database systems.
* Work closely with application development team to ensure successful deployment and performance of database applications.
* Research and evaluate alternative solutions to resolve issues and recommend the most cost effective solutions.
* Lead or participate on the design and implementation of large, complex database solutions.
* Consult with developers and clients to determine the impact of new and revised processes on the overall architecture of systems.
* Facilitate monitor and implement solutions around data replication for multiple databases. Implement advanced monitoring and alerting solutions for database systems.
* Maintain and ensure database consistency, integrity, security and auditing in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements. Work closely with management and present to customer or client audiences and/or professional peers.
* Ensure data recovery, integrity, space requirements of databases through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards.
* Plan and monitor assigned projects and communicate project progress.
* Manage development, testing, and implementation of database systems to meet database capacity standards and sizing objectives.
* Assist in evaluating new requirements and recommend new processes and standards and appropriate
* Mentor less experienced DBA's in the performance of day-to-day and project-related duties as directed
* Troubleshoot and solve problems with existing systems quickly and completely. Responsible for diagnosing the problem, impact analysis and implementing a solution to prevent future problems.
* Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics
* Provide 24x7 on-call support as part of rotating team coverage
* Perform related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned or required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree with knowledge of database concepts
* Experience in large enterprise database environments, as well as solution delivery methodologies gained through a combination of formal training and progressive work experience
* Experience working in a regulated environment
Reference No.: 917928FK
Role: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Co. Donegal
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent