The role is to provide IT support to PFH'S Galway based client. This involves the provision and management of IT hardware and the delivery of IT support agreed service levels. This work will include the recording, diagnosing, monitoring and resolving of request and problems using a call management system to provide a high level audit trail for each task.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Desktop technical support and maintenance of hardware and software resources (predominately Microsoft based)
- E-mail facilities – MS Outlook (client),
- Remote Access (VPN)
- Intranet and Internet maintenance
- Providing, as required, specifications for IT hardware and software.
- Reporting on network and systems status
- Ensuring all backups are complete and inventoried.
- Supporting the IT Systems & Operations Manager in harmonising IT administration across the client sites, including providing input to, and otherwise participating in, the development of policies and procedures.
- Working with other members of the IT Systems & Operations Team to provide support through the operation of best practices and procedures.
Level II Requirements
- A degree in computer science or equivalent, with at least 2 years relevant experience;
- A diploma in computer science or equivalent, with at least 3 years relevant experience
- An MCSE with at least 3 years relevant experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows Operating Systems
- Good working knowledge of Office365, OneDrive & SharePoint Online
- LAN/WAN trouble-shooting experience
- Experience with Backup software (such as Backup exec / Commvault)
- Proven track record in IT systems administration
- Hardware maintenance experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join PFH’S expanding professional service practice. If you match the criteria and are genuinely passionate about IT, please do not hesitate to apply and send your CV to the recruitment team for immediate consideration.
Please note that you MUST have EU/EEA citizenship or hold a current valid work visa for Ireland.