Misean Cara is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the cross-organisational position of ICT Officer. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the ICT Officer will manage and support all aspects of ICT across Misean Cara ranging from the maintenance and further development of MissionLinks, our online project management system based on the Salesforce platform, to the monitoring and maintenance of the office ICT infrastructure (computer systems and networks) in conjunction with our ICT Support organisation. The smooth running of Misean Cara’s ICT systems is critical to organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
Founded in 2004, Misean Cara is a faith-based development organisation of 91 member organisations who are committed to working with and for some of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities in the world. Our members live within marginalised communities and work in the areas of education, health, sustainable livelihoods and human rights. Our members deliver high quality project results and have a deep-rooted presence in over 50 countries. With funding of €15.5 million in 2018 from Irish Aid, Misean Cara is seeking to develop a diverse range of other sustainable funding streams so we may continue to work in ways that transform lives while respecting the integrity of local cultures. Our current five-year Strategy 2017-2021 sets out five key goals:
1. To uphold the right to quality education
2. To uphold the right to better health, clean water and sanitation
3. To uphold the right to sustainable livelihoods
4. To uphold and advocate for human rights
5. To enhance and promote the missionary approach to development
ICT OFFICER ROLE
This role focusses on the following areas:
· Management, maintenance and further development of Misean Cara’s online, bespoke project management system, MissionLinks, which is based on the Salesforce platform; and
· Ensure adequate maintenance of general office ICT infrastructure.
The role will be supported by and conducted in close collaboration with the existing Administration Team and outside ICT support organisations.
MissionLinks User Guidance
· To update documentation on organisational processes and workflows
· To disseminate accessible user guidance documents
· To coordinate the design and delivery of training to existing or new users/ groups, including on a one-to-one basis if required (using bespoke materials and/or those taken from Trailhead)
· To communicate any system changes to relevant users in advance so they understand the change and how to use it prior to implementation
Quality Control and Data Integrity
· To ensure data integrity by correcting and/or merging duplicate records as appropriate
· To coordinate and/or perform cleaning and updates of data if required
· To ensure screens, fields and workflows have accurate names and reflect current work needs across the organisation
Data Management and Analysis Reporting
· To create and maintain user friendly and insightful dashboards
· To create and maintain analysis reports (including user-friendly filing/ subfolder management of available reports) to enhance organisational efficiency
· To work with others to create processes, views and analysis reports in MissionLinks to help them better monitor activities and trends across organisational functions
· To review and maintain data protection protocols and practices in relation to data collected by Misean Cara, particularly data stored and accessed on-line
· To monitor data storage usage and securely archive data as needed
Maintaining System Security
· To work with others to ensure GDPR regulations are observed
· To oversee processes used to reassign record ownership in response to user changes, etc.
· To manage the granting, removal, and maintenance of user licences
· To maintain security including user profiles, sharing rules and security levels
· To manage the design, creation, and maintenance of user roles, profiles, and hierarchies
Oversee Further Development and Manage Changes to the System
· To keep abreast of ICT-based data management solutions within the wider development sector and other sectors, as well as new features and updates released by Salesforce, and advise on Misean Cara’s ICT-based systems accordingly
· To monitor MissionLinks usage and proactively gather feedback from users and modify the system to increase benefits and usability
· To proactively seek out and identify needed system changes and develop specifications documentation in conjunction with relevant staff teams
· To liaise with outside ICT developers (as required) to ensure specifications documents are fully understood and an agreed development timeline established
· To ensure new developments are adequately tested and apply fixes if required before moving new developments into production within MissionLinks
· To track, manage and oversee the creation and maintenance of new fields, objects views, reports, dashboards, functions, campaigns, etc. as required.
· To manage the implementation of system changes without interruption to end users.
General Office ICT Monitoring and Maintenance
· To liaise, as required, with external ICT support organisation regarding maintenance and troubleshooting of systems and software, and system security
· To coordinate the installation and configuration of computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners, telecommunications systems, etc.
· To monitor and ensure adequate maintenance of computer systems and networks
· To respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
· To coordinate the repair and replacement of equipment as necessary
· To review new technology and assess merits for Misean Cara in conjunction with line manager
· To monitor, alongside the line manager, all ICT budgetary expenditure in accordance with Misean Cara financial procedures and budgets
· To work with others to ensure the organisation has an adequate disaster recovery plan
· To contribute to cross-organisational initiatives and reporting
· To work flexibly and undertake any other tasks and responsibilities in support of the overall work of Misean Cara, as may be assigned by the line manager
· To work in a professional manner at all times to reflect the values and culture of Misean Cara
This Officer will report to the Financial Controller.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· A degree-level qualification or equivalent in a relevant ICT discipline
· At least three years’ experience in the ICT sector
· Familiarity and technical support experience with online database platforms and relationship management systems, such as the Salesforce platform or other similar modular platforms
· A strong customer focus as well as the ability to build rapport and effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
· Strong people skills and the ability to collaborate well in a team
· Experience in the area of ICT training and the production of user guidance documentation
· A strong technical, logical thought process
· Ability to work to deadlines. Solution focused
· Attention to detail and ensuring that output is accurate and error-free
· Advanced user of Excel and other Microsoft packages
· Technical expertise and experience in the configuration/customisation of the Salesforce platform
· Qualification in Salesforce Administration
· Strong technical expertise in relation to broader ICT-based office infrastructure systems
· Experience of working in the development or wider not-for-profit sector
· General knowledge of General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR)
TERMS AND BENEFITS
· Salary €35K to €46K DOE
· Three year fixed term contract
· 9 months’ probation
· Pension entitlement (after probation)
· Life assurance
· Standard hours
· Access to Employee Assistance Programme
· 24 days leave + 1 day mental health entitlement per annum
· All positions in Misean Cara are subject to Garda vetting, full reference checks and medical
To apply please send, in one document, a cover letter (max one page) outlining how your motivation, experience and skills fit the role, your current salary, and a CV Via this website - Please insert “ICT Officer” in the subject line.
Misean Cara is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Closing date: 15th January 2019 at mid-day
Interviews: 30th January 2019
Resources available on our website: www.miseancara.ie
• Strategy 2017-2021
• Annual Report 2017