itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Java Application Developer with experience with development of complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms. This is a permanent position based with our client in Dublin.
This position will be responsible for developing, supporting robust, highly scalable and maintainable software solutions and providing maintenance and support; interacting with internal and external customers of the organization, to define requirements and develop solutions; ability to identify and deliver process improvements within the development area; working effectively with testing groups to resolve open product issues in an efficient and effective manner; participate in all phases of the development lifecycle (design/dev/test).
* Performs design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions
* Demonstrates good understanding of the business needs driving the projects
* Self-Starter and ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision
* Estimates and defines time tables for project tasks
* Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved
* Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations
* Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems
* Creates, reviews, and improves unit and test plans
* Performs peer review and code review
* Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions
* Experience working with geographically distributed teams
* Production Support including off hours support
* Ability to break down extremely complex efforts into well-defined and manageable units of work
* Maturity and resilience in solving technical and project issues
* Bachelor Degree (BA or BSc in Computer Science or related studies)
* 7+ years of progressive application development responsibilities in the following areas: Solution Architecture, Application Design and Delivery, Java and web-based applications and services, Database Design and Programming
* 4+ years of leading projects from initial concept through final implementation
* 1+ years in agile development methodology
* Excellent English language skills, verbal and written
* Strong knowledge of Design Patterns, SOA, and Event-Driven Architecture
* Experience with MS and Oracle SQL
* Experience in all life-cycle stages for software development projects, preferably within a large IT organization
* SOAP and REST development experience
* Experienced with Spring Integration
* Source control using Git.
Our client offers:
* Full-time employment contract
* Excellent package including complex medical care, group insurance, Multisport card, language classes
* Highly professional, multicultural environment and high standards of work
* Professional trainings, opportunity to develop career path in organizational structures, support in career planning
* Work in a dynamic team with a supportive inclusive culture and strong values
* Interaction with Clients and Colleagues across the globe
* Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment
* Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( +353 83 059 7338 or marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.