This opportunity affords a Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer with experience at level 2 to drive fibre optic services for clients nationwide. The NOC Engineer will support fibre network services by monitoring, tracking and investigating network events. The NOC Engineer will monitor and install devices and troubleshoot network and security problems.
* Troubleshooting and diagnosis of faults of varying complexity across systems
* Provide 2nd line technical support for the Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events
* Ticket incident issuing and management to document all issues and faults for speedy resolution and quality service
* Managing customer queries, complaints and requests
* Mentor tier 1 engineers
* Installation, commissioning and testing equipment
* Escalating issues for resolution
Ideal Person Specification
* Hold a degree in a relevant field and have telecommunications or enterprise networking experience.
* An understanding of telecommunications transmission or networking principles
* 3 years experience with DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless
* Certification in CCNA, IP/Ethernet is a distinct advantage
* Experience in NOC, service or technical desk role required
* Interest in the telecommunications space and have strong document keeping skills
* Team player / Willing to Learn / Highly Flexible