Linux System Administrator
Our client has created a powerful software solution that automates compliance & risk program activities and demonstrates an organization's culture of compliance.
They are currently looking for a Linux System Administrator to monitor, maintain and manage critical Linux systems and networks.
* Monitor, maintain and manage critical Linux systems and networks
* Create and configure VPN solutions
* Manage backups and recovery, updates and issue resolution
* Develop, deploy and document systems
* Research and evaluate new initiatives and technologies
* Improve incident response procedures
* Provide 3rd level support to internal departments
* Being member of on-call rota for high severity issues after-hours.
* IT Experience with at least 3 years as Linux System Administrator
* Previous System Administrator experience
* Experience with ticketing systems & SaaS system admin
* Bash/Python scripting skills
* Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tool and techniques appearing in the marketplace
* Knowledge of Virtualization software
Nice to Have(s):
* Redhat Enterprise Linux
* Xen Hypervisor
* SaaS/Multi-Tenant Environment
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 917903FK
Role: Linux System Administrator
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.