One of the largest communication technology companies in the world based in Dublin South is seeking to hire an Innovation Lead to join their team.
The successful Innovation Lead will need to have a proven record innovating, preferably in the start-up community, as an entrepreneur, or in a labs environment. They are looking for a creative type, with a product mindset that can lead a team of likeminded individuals. If you have innovated or want to innovate in IoT, Connected Vehicle, Big Data and Cloud, this role is for you.
Responsibilities of the Innovation Lead:
• Provide technical leadership on solution design and implementation with the goal of evaluating feasibility
• Leads a cross-functional innovation team in the development and evaluate of new product ideas
• Develops a vision – align innovation to the vision and strategy for their products and the business
• Partner closely with Engineering, Product, and UX
• Lead the gathering of ideas, nurture the best to concept, and evaluate viability
• Hands on when required, roll-up your sleeves on the implementation
• Runs Lean, be vast to value or fast to fail
• Be the authority on emerging tech, the market and the competitive landscape. Ensure its fostered in the team and across the organization.
• Works closely with M&A and Business Development
• Financials – apply the economies of software, demonstrating how we generate customer and business value
• Customer obsessed – Always start a concept with the customer in mind and work back
• Apply an opportunity evaluation methodology, whereby concepts can be evaluated based on their business and customer value merits
Requirements for the Innovation Lead role:
• 10 years of experience in Software Engineering or related field
• 5+ years leadership experience in Software Innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business/Commerce or related discipline
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)