Based in Dublin, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They are looking for a Network Engineer with strong deployment experience to join them initially on a 11 months contract.
* 2+ years' experience in data center deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and Network devices.
* solid understanding of datacenter network architecture and common issues related to datacenter networks (also cable routing, calculating power usage and cooling).
* Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
* Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
* Have a sound and in-depth understanding of IP technologies such as MPLS, BGP, RSVP-TE,
* Have basic understanding of DWDM transmission technology, and circuit troubleshooting techniques
* Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
* Proficiency in Linux operating system
* 10% to 30% of travel required
* Deploy, configure, and support a large-scale production and corporate network and server infrastructure in data centers and Point of Presence (POP) sites.
* Calculate and document equipment power requirements and work with Engineering, Facilities Operations, and/or collocation vendors to meet these requirements.
* Manage project timelines to support network turn-up within expected completion intervals.
* Responsible for asset management of networking gear in datacenter and POP sites
* Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve
* Create network and server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation.
* Create statements of work for vendors at the POP sites.
* Create cage and rack designs and understand the overall needs of POP infrastructure.
* Document and follow RMA processes and procedures for all relevant vendors.
* 25 Days Annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Diverse multicultural environment.
* Close to public transport and based in the heart of Dublin's Silicon Docks.
* Free canteen and refreshments
* Taxsaver travel
Interested in Discussing?
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040