Job code 467 - 6 month contract (Reading)
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, headquartered in the heart of Dublin City. From banking to Telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud. Our employees get an opportunity to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Ammeon are working with a mobile network equipment vendor and seeking to recruit a number of test engineers to work on voice services testing in their IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) product. Previous IMS experience is a must for this role.
The position will act as a point of technical accountability, and will require working with functional stakeholders to ensure that the right responsibility levels are established - working to exercise influence without direct authority.
What else it involves:
* Implementation and testing of new voice services and design updates to the network operator's voice core network
* Driving integrity of test output to ensure the solution complies with operational readiness standards
* Developing Test Strategy documents and help to define test entry criteria deliverables
* Driving escalation of technical issues between design teams and vendors and inter-working with same to ensure timely resolutions.
* Maintaining & developing network operator's voice core test network
* Providing technical assistance in the development/deployment of new services and products
* Being a technical point of contact for any operational issues resolutions to be tested
Implement quality initiatives which will result in improved testing process and output
* Working experience on Nokia CS core
* Time served experience in 2 of the following work areas: design, test and operations.
* Detailed knowledge of voice call routing, call flows & switch translations
* Ability to understand & interpret PCAP call traces
* Good understanding of Telecommunications products and services
* Strong aptitude in solving technical problems
* Excellent communication skills
* Working knowledge of Samsung RAN & Core
* Experience with Intelligent Networks (IN Platform) and Messaging platforms (SMS, MMS, VMS)
* Vendor management skills and experience.
* Project and Design lifecycle understanding.
* Educated to degree level in a Telecommunications or network discipline
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.