Senior Software Engineer - Waterford
My client, one of Ireland's top technology and service companies, is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer as a result of recent growth.
The ideal candidate will gain a range of new skills and progress their career at a rapid rate. Software Engineers play a key role in the design, development/configuration, unit testing, installation, and ongoing maintenance of the software platforms. In this company, Software Engineers work with stakeholders to develop solutions and/or products that fulfill the needs of internal stakeholders and clients. You will work on a range of exciting projects as the company goes through some major developments.
These solutions and/or products help clients to be more efficient and provide better service to end customers. You should have excellent communication skills because Software Engineers interact directly with project leaders, business stakeholders, and may periodically interact directly with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work as part of a global, cross-functional team
* Contribute to projects by creating well-designed, customized, testable, efficient code for the company's platforms
* Assist the teams in providing ongoing support, troubleshooting, improvements, or custom enhancements to existing platforms
* Engage with our global teams, internal stakeholders and customers
* Act as a mentor and subject matter expert for junior team members
* Assist or lead in defining the requirements for custom built software projects
* 2+ years' of Software Development and relevant insurance experience or 5+ years' of Software Development experience
* Degree in technology or equivalent relevant work experience
* Relevant industry certifications
* Knowledge and experience working in the insurance industry and framework
* Proven track record and ability to develop complex software solutions in Oracle and UNIX
* Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL performance tuning, and relational database concepts
* Advanced knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, UNIX utilities, bash, ksh
* Experience with large databases & data structures, UNIX administration
* Demonstrated expertise with software engineering tools and methodologies
* Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office
* Excellent work ethic and the ability to work and travel independently.
* Demonstrate strategic thinking skills
* Highly effective communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team
* Awareness of advanced technical concepts
This is a great company to work for with a great family feel and team bonding days every month. There is a market leading benefits package on offer also as well as the opportunity to travel and gain a range of new skills. You will also get the chance to up skill in a variety of new technologies!
To hear more about this amazing opportunity, call Eimear at Reperio on 015713000 for a confidential chat!
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.