CMS Admin/ Front-End Developer- Dublin
A proactive and self-driven Front-End Developer with experience working in a dynamic operational role, supporting Digital and Marketing teams. The candidate should be used to working under their own initiative, following best practice in coding syntax and keeping abreast of the latest in industry advances.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
Front-End Developer Responsibilities
* Building and maintaining new features for our responsive site and related products
* Delivering high quality, fully optimised web interfaces
* Ensuring our codebase is clean, scalable and secure
* Responsible for the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual front-end code for a stellar user experience
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
* Optimisation of web site for maximum speed and scalability on all devices
* Develop an active & innovative role in the department as CMS subject matter expert
* Third Level degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Web Software Development or related disciplines with 3+ years of experience
Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge of PHP and Drupal content management system/framework or similar
* Silverstripe knowledge would be an advantage
* Strong knowledge of responsive design and development.
* Experience with responsive frameworks e.g. BitBucket, Bootstrap
* Comfortable with version control system such as GIT or SVN.
* Front-end Java EE technologies (Java, JPA, Servlets, JSP or JSF)
* Familiarity with Agile development process and project management systems
* Excellent communicator - shares clear and appropriately detailed information
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and will identify the root cause of issues
* Aptitude to consider and understand business need
* Team Player - relates to others in a professional manner and promotes team work